The Website is provided to you by GentleFoods® on the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). By accessing any page on the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be updated by GentleFoods® from time to time without prior notice. You should check the Terms and Conditions for updates each time you access the Website.
What Personal Data We Collect
GentleFoods® may request some or all of the following information from its members, employees, customers, vendors and visitors to GentleFoods®’ events, websites and pages on various social media. Some examples of Personal Data that we may collect are:
- Personal particulars (e.g. name, contact details, residential address, age, gender, date of birth, nationality, race and religion);
- Contact information (e.g. postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address and user names on various social media websites);
- Your photos;
- Your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history;
- Personal opinions made known to us (e.g. marketing preferences, feedback or responses to surveys);
- Information and interactions with us pertaining to your order (e.g. telephone recordings, order details);
- Information relating to a related third party (e.g. information of your next of kin, spouse, children, parents, and/or employees); and
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website.
How and When We Collect Your Personal Data
Generally, GentleFoods® collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit forms relating to any of our products or services;
- When you register for or use any of our services on websites owned or operated by us or when you register as a member of websites owned and/or operated by us, or use services on such websites, including performing any online transactions;
- When you interact with any of our employees, including our customer service officers;
- When you use any of our services;
- When you establish any online accounts with us;
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions and other initiatives;
- When you submit a job application;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
How We Use Information Provided By You
GentleFoods® uses the information you provide about yourself to perform the services you have requested and may use that information (name, address, email address, event date, venue etc.) to contact you regarding GentleFoods®’ products or promotions as well as other products and services, which may be requested by or otherwise be of interest to you (including those we may offer jointly with other companies). At any time, however, you may opt out of such future contact by unsubscribing from our database by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email / short messaging service or by contacting our Data Protection Officer. We do not sell, share or trade this information collected online with third parties. The Website may contain hyperlinks to and from other Internet websites. These websites may have different privacy practices from the ones described here. Since this Statement applies solely to this Website, please read the privacy statements of the other websites you visit.
Additionally, we may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
If you are a Customer:
- processing your orders;
- processing purchase transactions;
- recording and tracking of order and purchase history;
- communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to GentleFoods®’ policies or terms and conditions;
- responding to queries or feedback on GentleFoods®’ products and services;
- compiling data and conducting statistical or demographic analysis;
- addressing or investigating any complaints, claims, commercial risks or disputes;
- improving the content and navigability of our website;
- informing you of developments on our new products and services, special offers and/or promotions;
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments in relation to the provision of any of our products or services to you;
- informing you of invitations to events / functions and seeking your feedback and comments on your attendance of the events / functions; and
- for purposes ancillary to or in furtherance of the above purposes.
If you are a Vendor / Business Partner:
- to conduct due diligence / background checks that are mandated by legislation or GentleFoods®’ internal policies and practices;
- for the supply of products and services and support by vendors / business partners to GentleFoods®;
- to evaluate and improve GentleFoods®’ products and services;
- to evaluate the products and services provided by vendors / business partners to GentleFoods®;
- to facilitate attendance at our corporate events / functions or any events/functions that we are involved in; and
- for purposes that are ancillary to or in furtherance of the above purposes.
If you are a prospective employee / employee:
- processing your application including pre-recruitment checks;
- providing or obtaining employee references or other references where relevant for background screening/vetting;
- collecting information about your suitability for the position applied for, including the conduct of background / due diligence checks ;
- organising training and staff development programs;
- assessing your performance;
- administering benefits and payroll processing;
- providing you with tools to facilitate your job or as required for you to do your job;
- communicating with you as required by GentleFood to comply with its policies and processes, including for business continuity purposes; and
- for purposes that are ancillary to or in furtherance of the above purposes.
Usage of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
We may use your Personal Data to offer you products and services, including special offers, promotions or contests that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible. Such marketing messages may be sent to you in various modes including but not limited to electronic mail, direct mailers, short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and other mobile messaging services. If at any time, you would like to request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes or if you wish to change the way we use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, please contact our DPO. Please note that we may still send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service related notices.
Disclosure of Personal Data
GentleFoods® will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- any entity within GentleFoods® and our affiliates;
- anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties, including our business partners, vendors, service providers, external contractors and agents;
- service providers who provide IT and outsourcing services such as data storage, electronic mail services;
- banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our professional, legal and financial advisors such as our auditors, lawyers, tax advisors and insurers; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
GentleFoods® requires that the parties to whom we transfer any Personal Data implement adequate levels of protection in order to protect Personal Data. We also require that these parties only process Personal Data strictly for purposes for which we engage them for and consistent with the purposes that we have described above or for other purposes for which consent has been sought and obtained. In addition, we would disclose Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- when we are required to do so by law;
- in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government authorities;
- to comply with a court order or direction from any government agency or regulatory authority; and
- where such disclosure is necessary for investigations or legal proceedings.
Accessing and/or Making Changes to Your Information
If you would like to remove all traces of / make changes to your personal information from our records, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer:
Name: Jeannie Ong
Telephone Number: +65 96485530
You may request access to your Personal Data records, but we may charge an administrative cost to respond to your request for information, such as the printing or postage and any costs that we may incur in order to respond to your requests. For more information on PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
Debit/ Credit Card Information
GentleFoods® does not store your credit card details on the Website or database for payment made by debit / credit card; you acknowledge, agree and consent that your personal data such as your name and debit / credit card number are processed by third parties such as banks and payment gateways for your order payment.
GentleFoods®’ website(s) are hosted on third party servers. When you access our websites, the servers hosting our websites may automatically collect non-Personal Data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). This data may be used to monitor the information such as the number of users, their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences and may help us to improve the performance or content of our websites. When you view one of our websites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website and may affect the functionality of our website(s). GentleFoods® may use said cookies to keep track of your current shopping session to personalize your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping cart at any time.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The security of personal information you may submit in connection with a product purchase, promotion entry, and/or survey response on the Website is of the utmost concern to us, and we strive to ensure its security on our systems. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. We will continue to assess our systems to ensure secure protection of your information.
GentleFoods® reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Website.
Updated: 24 February 2021